Sheet Rod Tube Film
Phenolic Plastic Sheet, Rod, Film & Tube
Phenolic Plastics or micarta plastics are a laminated plastic created by the impregnation of layers of a substrate with a resin then formed utilizing heat and pressure. The resins are generally Phenolic, silicone, melamine or epoxies while the substrate materials range from paper and cotton to glass. The resulting material is extremely versatile and used in a variety of applications. Also referred to as phenolic laminates, the notable properties of laminates include impressive resistance to shock, heat, stress, and corrosive chemicals. Phenolic plastics are able to be machined, drilled, punched, sanded, tapped, turned, milled, sheared and cut. The dielectric properties make this an excellent insulator which is used in applications from electrical transformers to circuit boards.
Unlike other groups of plastic materials, thermoset plastic industrial laminates have their own standards which are published by NEMA (National Electrical Manufacturers Association). In concert with member manufacturers, NEMA standards are set and "minimum values" published. We have Phenolic/micarta available in sheet, rod, film, and tube for all applications.
The most commonly used NEMA thermoset laminate grades are as follows:
- C, CE (Canvas Cotton-Cloth Reinforced Phenolic) Medium weave clot
- GPO-1, GPO-2, GPO-3 (Glass-Mat Reinforced Polyester) .
- L, LE (Linen Cotton-Cloth Reinforced Phenolic) Fine weave cloth
- X, XX, XXX (Paper Reinforced Phenolic / the number of X‘s the better the electrical properties.)
Industry Tradenames: Acculam Epoxyglas G-10/FR-4, Acculam Epoxyglas G-ll/FR-5, Acculam Phenolfab L/LE, Acculam Phenolkraft, Acculam Phenolfab C/CE, Acculam Phenolon Nl, Acculam Polymat, Acculam Polymat HT, Acculam Siliglas G7, Bakelite, Industrial Laminate, Fila Wound, Franklin Fibre, Micarta, Nevamar, Norplex, Pennite, Spauldite, Synthane, Thermosets, C, CE, L, LE, G-5, G-7, G-9, G-10, G-11, FR-4, XXX, XX, Paper
Phenolic Machining & Rotational Molding
Nationwide Plastics is proud of our reputation as “the authority on plastics manufacturing and distribution,” and make sure that we understand both your application and your requirements so that we will provide you with high quality, tight tolerance products that meet your specifications. Offering a variety of phenolic/micarta machining, fabrication and molding services, we will work with you to select the most effective and efficient manufacturing process for your phenolic machined part and manufacture the part to your exact specifications.
Our state-of-the-art facility is equipped with over 20 pieces of equipment to provide custom plastic turning, milling, routing and sawing services. We specialize in manufacturing large parts and our equipment is designed to process parts up to 148’ or longer, with tolerances to +/- .001, depending on the material. Nationwide Plastics has the capacity to mold custom parts up to 800 pounds, 3/16" wall thickness and maximum swing of 64". Call Nationwide Plastics today for all of your phenolic machining and rotomolding needs.
- Paper Phenolic: Paper is commonly used in applications where low cost is important. Though the material retains excellent electrical properties there is a noticeable loss in mechanical properties as compared to other grades. (x, xx, xxx, xxpc, etc.)
- Cotton Phenolic: Cotton is used in applications where mechanical strength and machinability is important. Cotton phenolics are readily available in the two most popular grades CE, a course weave fabric, and LE a fine weave fabric gives nice machined finish. (C, CE, L, LE, etc.)
- Glass Epoxys: Glass Epoxy is noted for its extremely low moisture absorption, high heat resistance, along with excellent mechanical and electrical properties. Most common grades include G-10 and G-11.
- Other available grades: Glass with Silicone, Glass with Melamine, Nylon, Phenolic
|36" x 48"
|48" x 48"
|48" x 96"
|48" x 120"